RBWM Intern at HSBC

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.4

6.0

I thoroughly enjoyed the investment that went into the internship programme. The quality of the events and placement itself was excellent.

However, at times I did feel like an 'intern' and would like to have had more responsibility/trust by the intern organising team

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at HSBC

My team were great in arranging my placement and providing me with a project that was both fulfilling and allowed me to feel valued.

Within the team itself, I did not feel like an intern and was provided with work that other employees would be doing.

The support channels were also great. There were multiple mentors/coaches/managers that I could have contacted should I have any questions or concerns.

Very busy - Time management was a key skill that I have improved. At times, the additional fundraising project did not feel like I was adding much value. However, as a whole the work was fulfilling and kept me with plenty to do.

My placement team treated me just like any other member of the team. I was allowed to represent the team externally and deliver on key objectives that were set before I arrived.

The feedback culture is a key take away that I will use at University. Whether that be ability to provide good feedback or identifying ways to respond and act on feedback.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at HSBC

The atmosphere at the new Birmingham office was relaxed with many colleagues working from home. I enjoyed the friendly culture and most people were approachable, should I have needed support.

The intern organising team largely consists of a set of volunteer graduates. This means that those organising the programme do not do so on a full time basis. Nonetheless, there is clearly plenty of financial and time resource that was invested in us, and the official events (e.g charity days, celebration days) were organised well.

Investment in interns was impressive. There were many development and training days whereby third party companies were hired to improve our personal development.

I found the Insights report particularly useful.

The graduate scheme seems to be even more appealing with even greater investment and resource behind it.

Social scene was good. However I would have preferred more 'official' social events, as these were mostly up to us to organise.

This is location dependent. Birmingham was reasonable. I would recommend trying to stay in Uni halls during your placement.

I didn't really have time for this. The odd Friday night out at the pub, but I didn't participate in much more