1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship experience. It enabled my to learn a lot about how a bank operates but also help to develop skills that would be valuable in any setting whether that be university or another sector.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I would say that my office made me feel extremely welcome and a part of the team from the first day.
The other interns were also really easy to get on with and I was able to build strong relationship with many of them.
The intern programme team reassured us all throughout the internship so nothing ever felt out of our reach.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support by my placement manager and my team which I found extremely helpful.
I think the support at the start of the internship could have been a little stronger because my gradcoach was on holiday at the start which was difficult as that is when they would be most useful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It started off slow, I did not have much to do due to not having systems access however I did a lot of shadowing.
Then around halfway through it picked up and it meant I was busy all day but not to the extent I felt overworked.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I think I was given as much responsibility as possible on my placement as my team and manager were really proactive with giving me relevant tasks.
Maybe the intern project could have been something that had an impact on the bank in a more obvious way.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot about finance and banking which will be valuable when pursuing my career in this field.
I have strengthened and learnt many 'soft skills that I can use throughout my life but especially at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was great in the office. could not have asked for a better team.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Could have had more projects lined up within the placement when we started so we could get going straight away.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot, the induction, development day and final days had really interesting sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, however as I was the only intern in my office was sometimes hard to meet others.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
high. London. but expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London. so a lot available.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?