Intern at HSBC

Birmingham West Midlands
Banking - Investment

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.9/10

Learnt a lot and experienced the world of banking. Got to work with senior stakeholders and meet amazing people.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

Formed a close bond with my fellow interns, would take care of each other in all of our projects. The team was also amazing and very welcoming.

Always given support when needed. Always open to providing me with feedback and helped me become the best I could be.

Had a busy enough day to keep me stimulated. Prefer a day when I know everything I need to do and can plan it out So was the perfect number of projects

Was leading a lot of my projects and a proactive team member in others. My work was valued and senior members always were interested in what I produced.

My leadership skills will assist me in my group work at uni and managing teams. My presenting skills have developed so when I do present in future I have more confidence and my slide decks are better.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

Great atmosphere! Everyone was very welcoming and a great bond in the office

Very well organised. Clear structure of the 8 weeks was given on the out set and allowed me to fulfill my duties and know my deadlines.

Not as much time to shadow and work with the desired teams to further own interest. But a lot of time and money was invested in furthering my development and knowledge.

Great place to work! Loads of opportunities and a fantastic place to develop.

Had to be organised by the interns. Preferred if there was more done by the intern team.

Commuting cost me £700+ and was not subsided. Can be somewhat expensive.

Very good nightlife. But takes a while to learn about the possibilities.

A few opportunities but had to be self organised, needs more help when initially joining.