1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was very useful, rewarding experience. Quite intense, with long hours - very different from a 9 to 5 job.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Clearly as an intern, your ability to contribute is somewhat limited. However, I was made to feel valued by the team, particularly with my completed work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
This was slightly lacking, particularly in the early weeks. There seemed to be little feedback and little guidance from those in charge of the interns. However, this did subsequently improve during the internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the start, not very busy at all. It was a constant question of asking for more work as we were not staffed on anything. This increased hugely and there were several days where the workload was very heavy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
High levels of responsibility, particularly with sending emails. These would always be verified by a team member.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Skills developed hugely, particularly the core Microsoft skills. Being in an intense environment is also very useful to understand your ability to learn and adapt.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere was strange, very muted particularly in the mornings. People didn't tend to speak to each other upon arriving and senior members tend to ignore or choose not to interact with interns, unless it is the intern who instigates conversation.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall internship was well organised. The individual team part of the internship could have been better organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Company invested a lot of time and helped develop my skill set.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Clearly it is an attractive organisation to work for, although some thought needs to be given to the work life balance.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Good social scene amongst interns and more junior team members where permitted!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive, so account for high costs.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didn't really experience it if I'm honest.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some, we had one team event and a few organised drinks.