1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
thoroughly enjoyed my placement, developed a wide range of skills
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The culture was so encouraging and supportive, I felt like a valued member of the team in a short amount of time
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was accessible at all times, the open culture meant that I could discuss all matters with my manager and he provided sound support consistently
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My day to day tasks varied hugely but was always beyond manageable for the day- I had time to work on my personal development
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt as though I had a high level of autonomy in my role and was trusted by my managers to make decisions without approval which was motivating
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel as though the skills I have developed will help me on more of a professional level than academic. but has definitely progressed my team working and administration organisation skills
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
M&S Bank, part of HSBC Group has an incredibly supportive atmosphere where it was easy to find support and to network with employees of various careers
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My placement was slightly disorganised to start with as I changed department and managers however once I was in my placement it was well organised. the graduate organised events were organised to a high level
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was highly surprised by the investment made into my development, M&S Bank put on a variety of extra training for myself and the other intern
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not as much as I would have liked but understandable due to the location and nature of the placement
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I would not be in a position to say as I lived at home, but socialising probably slightly more expensive than others
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not really, the general age of the company was much older than myself so understandably had family commitments