Management Consulting Intern at PwC

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Management Consultancy Management Consultancy

PwC is a Top Employer

9.5/10

I was always kept busy when on projects and the Leeds office was also very sociable.

I got a decent amount of responsibility and my colleagues always made me aware of how helpful I was being.

Managers and directors were always available to help me if I was stuck, and they'd always be willing to give up half an hour of their time to chat through something.

It depended on the project. My first project was quite slow and I'd have little to do, but my next few projects were busier and had tight deadlines to work towards.

I was given as much responsibility as I'd of expected as an intern, but I wouldn't have minded being given more.

I developed strong PowerPoint skills and also became more aware of the processes PwC follow to delivering the client value. I also got used to communicating to senior figures, setting me up strongly for later life.

I was told how the Leeds office pride themselves on their office culture, and it certainly lived up to its name. Everyone was hard working but also extremely sociable which is what I want in a future job.

The whole programme was very organised. I got assigned a buddy and a career coach who would both inform me of what to expect and what I'll be doing next.

It's very much up to you to develop yourself and seek out training opportunities. If you reach out to key people, they'll always be keen to help out and devote some of their time.

The progression within the firm is excellent. You can expect, with hard work, to make manager within 4-5 years from starting out as an associate.

We'd get lunch together, play 5-a-side matches and regularly grab drinks in the local bars on a Friday.

Public transport and housing is cheap in Leeds. The drinks and food are also well priced, but this very much depends where you go.

Wide selection of bars and clubs in the city centre.

As mentioned before, the office is very sociable. There's always something to be getting involved in.