1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This placement exposed me, how it to work as software developer for the markets business, I had exposure the business, the end users of my application and I work on project which made a real contribution to the business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues valued, the contribution to the
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager gave very useful and insightful guidance,which assisted my in project and my development throughout my time at Citi. Due to his personal responsibilities, when he could be physically presented, he did encourage me to communicate with the team and other people. However,this then meant that he wasn't always aware of the challenges I faced daily
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given autonomy of my project, and i was able to balance this work load with, networking and talk put on for us. To had to work to tight deadline something. But nothing which was beyond my capability when using my time productively
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility in define both the scope of my project definition, with the business and all in how to structure and set up how implemented a solution.
This gave me great exposure to understanding how manage workflow
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This project allow to me to develop my skill technically socially and also emotionally. I from working on a very technical project I had the opportunity to learn the skill i need to make a good contribution to the team, my colleagues also supported and assisted my developing, but giving tips and personal recommendations. It has help be improve my ability to communicate in professional environment, and given me confidence in understanding who operate in a corporate environment in a way which work for me and those who I work with.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My team were pretty new hires, themselves. So i had make that the initiative to add to the atmosphere in a postie way whenever I could, in a way which respected the personalities of those around me. This was intially difficult as i did not know people very well. How other the team invited my to drinks/lunch and other events when, they did occur.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Things like setting configuring my pc took some time. But i was assisted by my team. HR did a fantastic job of putting on, what in my opinion was the perfect blend of talk for us. They also good communication line between the interns and HR reps.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The Firm did a good job of in terms of investing in our personal development training. Very good trainer were brought in externally, and the session which we had with them were very impactful. Ranging from personal branding to find your place within the work place. Eg.nueda training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The is room to progress in the company. From my perspective, Citi do a good job of trying to make progression meritocratic. Although, this is subject to head count and budget restrictions sometimes. There is also quite a good amount of room for lateral move with the organisation it self.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene amongst my colleagues was decent, which was suited to the mix of personalities within the team. Amongst interns: within the same divsion there was a vibrant social scene.However it could have been better anomgst intern in different division. This is mainly down to the fact there wasnt much interaction across divisions.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Canary wharf lol! Food was realtively expensive most place canary wharf. As were drinks. Due to the location most things had a bit of markup.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is a good amount of bar to go to. However they can be quite expensive and they usually get very busy.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The team gave suggestion in term of what to do outside of work. However this wasn't facilitated.Unless it was set-up amongst ourselves.However i think is generally to be expected.This is a great amount of diversity of activities in canary wharf either.Usually social drinks or meals.