Summer Intern at Citi

london Greater London
Banking/Finance

9.7/10

I enjoyed my internship a lot across these weeks. I feel that I have had a broad overview on the desks I have been rotating within. Especially, I found the possibility to put in practice what I have learnt at school.

I have been feeling highly valued by my colleagues. They have been always keen on having a look on how I was keeping on top of the business. Especially, they were always interested in making sure that I was getting what they were teaching to me.

I feel to have received a very good guidance from both the supervisors of my two desks. I personally think that the thing that helped on that was the fact that we were continuously catching up thus monitoring my progress. This helped me having a clear view of my strengths and my weaknesses with the respective improvements points.

The level of business was dependent on the business needs. Usually I would say that I have always been given work to do across the day and at the same time I have been reserved some time to shadow all the members of the team.

Starting from week two I was given more responsibilities especially when people were on holidays, I was in charge of taking care on some communications stuff.

Overall, I feel that the theory learnt at school helped me in having an easy start in understanding the products and on the other way around, I feel that what I touched in practice helped me understand some theoretical topics.

The general atmosphere was really positive. All the people have been always supportive no matter what the questions or concerns were.

I think that the whole experience was set up properly. The plus point was on the availability of people.

In both desks there were one/two people in charge of giving me a more direct teaching. Then, the others have been keen in making me have a look at the practical things.

I think that this company has a very high potential of growth for the incoming years. Especially due to the fact that the average age of the employees is low which means that more people can have a long-term view on their stay in this place.

Yes, all the other peers have always been supportive and collaborative especially when we had to do some team work.

I would say that the cost of living within the area was quite low compared to the other areas in this city.

I did not really had the chance to explore the nightlife within my workplace area. However, it seems to be an area where there is more business that entertainemt places

Yes! The company itself was organizing events with business people outside of the workplace.