1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my internship a lot across these weeks. I feel that I have had a broad overview on the desks I have been rotating within. Especially, I found the possibility to put in practice what I have learnt at school.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have been feeling highly valued by my colleagues. They have been always keen on having a look on how I was keeping on top of the business. Especially, they were always interested in making sure that I was getting what they were teaching to me.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I feel to have received a very good guidance from both the supervisors of my two desks. I personally think that the thing that helped on that was the fact that we were continuously catching up thus monitoring my progress. This helped me having a clear view of my strengths and my weaknesses with the respective improvements points.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The level of business was dependent on the business needs. Usually I would say that I have always been given work to do across the day and at the same time I have been reserved some time to shadow all the members of the team.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Starting from week two I was given more responsibilities especially when people were on holidays, I was in charge of taking care on some communications stuff.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Overall, I feel that the theory learnt at school helped me in having an easy start in understanding the products and on the other way around, I feel that what I touched in practice helped me understand some theoretical topics.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was really positive. All the people have been always supportive no matter what the questions or concerns were.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think that the whole experience was set up properly. The plus point was on the availability of people.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
In both desks there were one/two people in charge of giving me a more direct teaching. Then, the others have been keen in making me have a look at the practical things.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think that this company has a very high potential of growth for the incoming years. Especially due to the fact that the average age of the employees is low which means that more people can have a long-term view on their stay in this place.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, all the other peers have always been supportive and collaborative especially when we had to do some team work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I would say that the cost of living within the area was quite low compared to the other areas in this city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I did not really had the chance to explore the nightlife within my workplace area. However, it seems to be an area where there is more business that entertainemt places
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes! The company itself was organizing events with business people outside of the workplace.