Summer analyst at UBS

7.9/10

7.6

6.0

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I really enjoyed it. The work was extremely varied and interesting - I gained so much from the internship and it has proved to be an invaluable first experience in the workplace. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of applying.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The team culture was great - my colleagues went out of their way to help me and made me feel extremely valued. They included me as much as possible and really made me feel like I was part of the team - I was very happy with my team throughout the internship.

Support was always given when needed. There was always someone willing to help when stuck. My supervisor was extremely approachable and and gave plenty of guidance throughout - the various feedback I received at various points in the internship was very helpful in help identify areas I could improve on for the internship.

Extremely busy. Whilst there were ups and downs, I generally had to work hard and had the right amount of work to keep me busy. As a result, each day passed by extremely quickly, as did the internship!

Lots - I was doing real-life work all the time and so I had plenty of responsisbility. My work was then checked which was reassuring to make sure it was correct and any errors could be identified.

I am yet to go back to university and apply my new skills, however I am extremely confident that they will be put to good use in my studies. In particular, my time management has improved vastly and I think this will certainly help when balancing my studies at university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The atmosphere was great - people were happy to be there and clearly enjoyed the work, but were also working hard and allowed for a great working environment. There was a respect between colleagues that really allowed each other to concentrate and knucke down.

Very-well organised from start to finish.

The training week at the start of the internsip gave us the adequate prepartion we needed so that we could start real-life work for the next eight weeks. The learning curve was steep and as a result you learnt lots quickly. There wre also internal projects to participate in throughout the internship which allowed us to develop/learn in areas that were not part of our day-to-day work (the work was so varied and so there was no way you could participate/learn it all in just eight weeks).

• There were no perks with this Internship

Great! There are lots of bars/restaurants very close to the office, providing a great way to relax after a long day at work.