1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time here at UBS! It was a great learning curve.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
A lot, I felt like my opinion was truly valued and I could bring something to the table.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They were all super helpful and patient, and made sure the work I was given was interesting.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given the right amount of tasks so I could balance my time well.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After the first 4 weeks, I felt like my team trusted me with more tasks that went beyond an intern role which was very rewarding.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was truly encouraged out of my comfort zone and this allowed me to develop skills that made me grow both on a personal and professional level. I now feel more confident about my future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was great. Everyone is so nice and always available for a quick catch up or to assist you if you have any issue.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The communication between myself and HR has been smooth throughout, as well as my communication with my line manager (with periodical catch-ups and meetings).
We get a reasonable notice for any event and this allows me to inform my manager well in advance if I'm going to be away from my desk.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had so many sources available, from Coursera to Networks. UBS really does make sure interns get a feel of what it is like to work at UBS.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think I have been able to deliver in my tasks, meeting and exceeded expectations whenever I saw the chance to do so. I get along with my team and we are able to have conversations outside of work-related topics which I really appreciate!
I would love to come back, the experience has been great.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I have been very lucky with the fellow tech interns and IPs, we bonded a lot and also met outside of work. 8 weeks later I can say they are more than colleagues, definitely friends I want to keep in touch with!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I think it reflected London prices (which sometimes can be quite expensive!)
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
N/A, I haven't had the chance to explore the nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The Networks were a great way to connect with people outside of my division and get involved in activities that went beyond what I do at work.