Customer Service agent ` at Golfbreaks.com

Golfbreaks.com is a Top Employer

7.9/10

8.6

coordinate amendments for customers

I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at the company due to having autonomy over my own work, which has been extremely satisfying along with all my colleagues being so welcoming.

Placement students are delegated their own tasks, so this really does make you feel valued by the company as you're trusted with your own work. Management are extremely supportive and always willing to help. You are definitely treated like a full time employee.

I would have 1-1 meetings with my manager each month to discuss my progress/work - if I ever had a query or issue regarding my work or anything personal I know I could go straight to my manager whenever needed. All managers are highly supportive with any query.

The level of work would vary seasonally - in travel season, it would be extremely busy to the point where I would stay late or cut into lunch. During low season, the work level would half and we would be looking for tasks to do, so this would vary.

I was given total autonomy over my work and had my own work flow to work out of - I would work through this work flow each day. I was also asked to organise different tasks taking place in the company and worked alongside my manager for these.

I applied certain theories I learnt in my degree (such as motivation) to my everyday work and also whilst developing work related skills. These theories were applied to training schemes as well.

There is always a buzz in the contact centre part of the office, which is really competitive and positive. Everyone is really friendly which bodes for a really lovely atmosphere.

The first two weeks at placement included two weeks of intensive training, involving 'shadowing' of current students. There were clear targets outlined for me to meet through out the placement year and a clear outline of what is expected of us as students.

Customer service management implemented effective training programmes to ensure that all students developed their skills. 1-1 meetings each month monitored progress, and definitely showed that a lot of time and resources were invested into my personal progress.

There are definitely appealing employment prospects with Golfbreaks for the future as Golfbreaks do look to employ past students.

Students and full time employees socialised regularly throughout the year.

I lived at home for the year so the cost of living didn't affect me too much compared with placement students that lived in Windsor. The area was quite expensive when it came to socialising, but there were places which were a bit cheaper to go to.

There a loads of bars/pubs in Windsor so there was always somewhere to go out during the week and over weekends.

There were sport teams set up outside of work but these were mostly for the boys. At the end of the year, a lot of focus was put on out of work activities for the girls.