Manufacturing/Engineering Intern at Nestlé

Engineering Manufacturing

3.1/10

1.7
2.6

Couldn't think of a worse way to waste ten weeks

Some people we nice but it felt like most were nice because they had been told to be so the feeling of being valued didn't stretch far beyond this.

I would sometimes get given a simple task to do on the occasion my emails weren't ignored.

I would spend maybe 30 minutes to an hour each day doing actual work. The rest would be me looking for other tasks (most people would say there was nothing I could do) or looking up alternative graduate jobs somewhere else.

I can't imagine any of the things I've worked on will be seen or used by another person.

My brain has been on stand-by for ten weeks. However all the spare time I have been given during the workday has allowed me to improve the organisation of my own personal finances and build spreadsheets to manage my money.

Fairly standard.

It was like they didn't realise I was coming and assigned me to the first person they found in the office. Upon induction, my overseer couldn't answer when I asked what I would be spending my time doing.

They invited me on a personality testing day which I think is generally bad practice to have in companies.

This experience has put me off not only Nestle but any company like it. I may not even buy their products anymore too.

I was very much alone.

Newcastle is very cheap

Newcastle is a good place

It's a normal town so yes