1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Couldn't think of a worse way to waste ten weeks
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Some people we nice but it felt like most were nice because they had been told to be so the feeling of being valued didn't stretch far beyond this.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I would sometimes get given a simple task to do on the occasion my emails weren't ignored.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I would spend maybe 30 minutes to an hour each day doing actual work. The rest would be me looking for other tasks (most people would say there was nothing I could do) or looking up alternative graduate jobs somewhere else.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I can't imagine any of the things I've worked on will be seen or used by another person.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My brain has been on stand-by for ten weeks. However all the spare time I have been given during the workday has allowed me to improve the organisation of my own personal finances and build spreadsheets to manage my money.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was like they didn't realise I was coming and assigned me to the first person they found in the office. Upon induction, my overseer couldn't answer when I asked what I would be spending my time doing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invited me on a personality testing day which I think is generally bad practice to have in companies.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
This experience has put me off not only Nestle but any company like it. I may not even buy their products anymore too.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was very much alone.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Newcastle is very cheap
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Newcastle is a good place
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?