I was part of Finance IT and more specifically Change in Finance IT. My team was focusing on a particular change programme, which was very exciting considering the change the organisation is going through.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was a Technology intern and by the end of my internship I gained not only tech knowledge but also very good time management, organisation and presentation skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was always encouraged to give my opinion and share my ideas and I was given a lot of responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyone was willing to answer my questions, insight sessions were given every day for 3 weeks and everyone was very understanding.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most of the days I was extremely busy. Others I had a normal amount of work to do. Only a few days did I not have much to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had to organise workshops, be in charge of important documents, take part in a meeting with a member of the Steering Committee and also I got to present alongside my manager to another team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They will definitely assist me, as I improved my organisation, leadership, communication, presentation and time management skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very helpful and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I wish the investment insight sessions were easier to understand for someone who knows nothing about investment.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Everyone was helping and supporting me a lot and the insight sessions were very helpful, even though some of them were a bit hard to follow due to lack of knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company is going through some changes now, some of which are managed well but others not so well making the future unclear.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, events were organised frequently.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was sufficiently covered by the salary, but considering it's London the cost was high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
London has many opportunities no matter what you like doing.