1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really ejoyed the internship. Had tge chance to be involved in a lot of exciting projects from the start and had a really nice team who I could ask questions to at any time which made it easier to understand complex projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My collegues were very supportive and always gave detailed feedback about my work. There was lots of time to get involved in team activities outside work too which made the atmosphere pleasant
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management gave lots of support but also let me get on with things on my own and take a lead in projects which was enjoyable as it gave me a good understanding of tasks. Managment always made it clear what they expected me to deliver and by when.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Yes always had tasks and the work load was comfortably challenging as so it wasn't overwhelming but I still felt busy and like I was contributing to projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots! I had the chance to speak directly to clients, write reports and briefings that made it to the final product and my market research was used a lot.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
i learnt how to effectively communicate with clients. communication and team work skills, analytical thinking, critical reasonng, strategic decision making, policy analysis, valuation and appraisals which will alll ve usefull in my future career and beyond as these are essential skills employers look for which can not always be demonstrated through a degree alone.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
good friendly atmosphere, outgoing team members, everyone always checking on each other and speaking between tasks so I can't complain.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
good induction in the london office on what to expect and a day in the life of an intern. excellent skype training sessions. i always new what to do when i got into work and my time was well arranged and spent.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
lots of skye conference training courses and talks on continuing professional development (cpd) as well as constant access to workday elearning courses to top up my knowledge in weaker areas.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
extremely appealing. i will be applying for a graduate position there
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes there was lots of work social events or department gatherings.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
i stayed at home so my cost of living was cheap i just had to pay for transport and work payed in advance for any social activities undertaken.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
very good lots of bars, restuarants and activities as well as many options for those that don't drink
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes in sports teams and support groups or informal gatherinfs