Summer intern. I was in the programme management team
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really well structured internship. The HR were fantastic and really helped push forward my career. The work on the internship really deoends on your team, while I had to be quite proactive asking for tasks to do, another intern was provided with a steady stream. So its very much hit and miss in terms of how proactive you need to be to get work. Really nice people, lots of encouragement and very approachable.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very friendly and inclusive team. At times i could tell it was best not to ask them for work if they were really busy but overall they did as much as they could to include me. They took me on the team meal out etc.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was new so I think he was trying to juggle lots of things but he was making an effort with me and helped arrange meetings with other teams so I could learn about the buisness. My mentor was fabulous, very encouraging, felt i could ask her anything.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had just the right amount of work. And it was interesting work not just admin my team couldnt be bothered to do. I did have to be proactive in asking for it at times, but I think a lot of that was because they were aware I should not be given dull useless tasks .
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
This varied from project to project solely because of the role of the team i was in it was quite difficult to give responsibility for some things. However any task they could give me full responsibility for they did.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Hr presentation/ business skills training was 10/10.
Lots of opportunities to impove networking skills- there were around 2 social events a week.
Lots of opportunies to learn about the company
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good work/life balance
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They really invested in us.
Felt very valued.
Had lots of training
Had lunch with the lobal president
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Lots of potential to be noticed/ climb up the ranks quickly/ direct the direction of your career/ high quaility companies/ industry leaders
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Really lovely people. Fab.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Its in London... the expense is a compromise you make to be in the best office with the best clients
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Its London- obviously it's great
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
loads but not too many that you had to miss out on your own social events. they were actually fun and enjoyable instead of being fake forced socialising. Really enjoyed it