1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my internship, it has been an extremely rewarding experience. My team were so welcoming and helpful from day 1 and got me involved in a huge range of work. I have learnt so much and have gained many skills that will be very useful for my future career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues, they gave me a lot of responsibility in the work that I was doing and gave really helpful feedback. Every person in the team made me feel so welcome, everyone was very approachable which made it easy to ask questions if I ever needed to.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have been given great support throughout, my line manager and buddy made so much effort to get me involved in all services within the team and as a non-cog they have taught me so much along the way. The Early Careers team have also been very helpful throughout the whole process straight from the time that you apply.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been really busy over the six weeks, there haven’t been any moments where I’ve felt bored or didn’t have something to do (but I didn’t feel too over loaded). When I was finished with tasks I felt able to ask the team if anyone wanted a hand with anything and they’d always be keen to get me involved.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel like I was given a lot of responsibility. Consisting of helping to write valuations reports, writing market commentaries, doing demographic analysis and creating marketing brochures etc. I wasn't ever doing dull admin jobs, instead I was actively involved in my teams projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The knowledge and skills that I have developed on this internship have been invaluable, especially coming from a non-cog background, and will be very useful as I move forward and pursue my career in real estate.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The office had a very nice feel to it as everyone works very hard but it doesn't feel too intense.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was set up very well. During the 6 weeks alongisde work we had internal training, for example a session on presentation skills which was very useful. There was also a very good structure to the application process.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, I will definitely be applying for the grad scheme. After sepaking to people currently on the scheme it sounds like it is organised very well, and the grads seem to have a really good group realtionship.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, spent most lunch times with the other interns. We also met up a few times after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of good pubs and bars.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were orgnaised events run by HR for interns and grads which were a great opportunity to talk to them about their experience. My team got me involved in lunches and events. There were also sports events and end of year parties.