Intern at FDM Group

3.3/10

2.7
3.0

4.5

All the enjoyable aspects of the internship for me came after I moved teams.

I didn't feel as though my colleagues tried to include/integrate me into the team, meaning I often felt like an outsider. I was grateful to have been able to move teams, where I did feel more valued.

Towards the end of my time, I felt almost as though my team had forgotten they had an intern as I was given almost nothing to do by my team. I was mostly kept busy by working on an intern group project.

My tasks were very low importance and mostly administrative, but admittedly there was also limited opportunity for me to have massive responsibilities in my role.

My work relied on skills developed during studies (time management, written communication, etc) rather than vice versa. I learnt very little about the role or the ins and outs of my department and therefore there's not much to be applied to the future beyond a general awareness of office culture and office life.

My original team were very close between themselves, but I felt like an outsider and I didn't feel as though there was a genuine effort to include me. However, the atmosphere in my new team was absolutely lovely.

There was a mentorship programme, but only began around halfway through the programme. Socials for interns were supposed to be roughly fortnightly, but was organised only in the last week.

• There were no perks with this Internship