1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
All the enjoyable aspects of the internship for me came after I moved teams.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I didn't feel as though my colleagues tried to include/integrate me into the team, meaning I often felt like an outsider. I was grateful to have been able to move teams, where I did feel more valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Towards the end of my time, I felt almost as though my team had forgotten they had an intern as I was given almost nothing to do by my team. I was mostly kept busy by working on an intern group project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My tasks were very low importance and mostly administrative, but admittedly there was also limited opportunity for me to have massive responsibilities in my role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My work relied on skills developed during studies (time management, written communication, etc) rather than vice versa. I learnt very little about the role or the ins and outs of my department and therefore there's not much to be applied to the future beyond a general awareness of office culture and office life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My original team were very close between themselves, but I felt like an outsider and I didn't feel as though there was a genuine effort to include me. However, the atmosphere in my new team was absolutely lovely.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was a mentorship programme, but only began around halfway through the programme. Socials for interns were supposed to be roughly fortnightly, but was organised only in the last week.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?