Work within Market and Treasury Risk in order to monitor daily liquidity and funding issues that may arise
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
They give you a lot of responsibility and the people and place are some of the best in London.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people are incredible!! No matter whether you're a managing director or an intern, everyone's voices are heard and opinions taken into account.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Although everyone is extremely busy, everyone is always there to give you a helping hand regardless of where they are located around the world
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Changes very much day-to-day as there is no real plan to each day. This is because most of the work is reactive and therefore impossible to plan the day
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given my own projects to lead and run within the first month. Also given the opportunity to speak in calls with over 100 people attending
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt more practical and transferable skills in this first month than I have in my first 2 years at university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A very relaxed environment where everyone is very chatty. High collaboration between teams and when work needs to be done the environment supports you incredibly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
They look after the interns so well!!! Offer numerous sessions to cover all areas of the business to develop skills and knowledge
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They really invest a lot of time and resources into the interns. It is one of the highest paid placements I have seen and with the amount of training and exposure to management you get, they are really planning for the futurer
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It is a very competitive position due to how good it is. I feel like a placement year definitely stands you in good stead due to the opportunity to learn and network all year.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Always going out for team events and drinks. They put all the placement students together early so you really do bond and make friends for life
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Due to it being central London, the prices are extremely high but they pay you a high wage to compensate for this
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Central London has some of the best bars and nightlife in the country. Busy till the early hours every night
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Incredible social network with countless clubs and societies that are willing to accept all memebers