1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very much so.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Because the work I did during my placement was needed by various teams, I did feel valued especially when a colleague refers to me for a specific field.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were very helpful even given the limited time they had.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were some days when projects were due that working hours extended quite a bit but most days follow the standard 9/5.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Incrementally more as time went on and my line manager was confident that I could handle a project or problem independently
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This placement has taught me a lot of practical skills. I could only develop the skills that I read from books and apply the knowledge I learned in University when given a real world scenario to do so which happened here.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Sometimes quiet and sometimes fun. During some days, it would get stressful depending on the context of the month/quarter.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organised for the first few months and then mostly, the onus fell on myself to develop my understanding of the business and projects.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Specific skills wise, the company had to invest in our understanding of GDPR and anti-competitive laws (for laymen). Other soft skills were taught to me by my mentor and learned directly from books and in practice.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a grad scheme and I've seen previous placement interns coming back to the company being put on it.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, the interns were very close as there were over 25 of us. The line managers and graduates often socialised with us. Some of us placement interns still kept in contact.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
In Rickmansworth/Watford, I believe the rent is relatively cheap even while we are still technically in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was alright.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had a sports and social club which always organised events such as nights out and rounders.