1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I was lucky and was placed in a good team. I got to go to lots of client meetings and had some responsibility emailing clients and finding information from internal sources. I
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Being in a very client facing team, I realise that there was limited jobs I could do to add real value to the team in such a short space of time. However, the jobs that I did do, I feel like helped the team. I also had the opportunity to meet a number of senior staff members, which was very exciting for an intern.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I knew if I needed help at any point I could just ask for it. My team was very open and there were a few people I felt I could go to if I was stuck. However, I didn't have many one to ones with my line manager, which I think would have been quite valuable.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This varied a lot. Towards the end I was a lot more busy because of CSR and my report and presentation assessment.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At times quite a lot taking minutes from client meetings and contacting clients directly.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learning the language of emailing clients .
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Hardworking and somehow light hearted at the same time. My team worked hard but everyone was very open and chatty. The hours weren't ridiculous and I felt very welcomed by everyone in my team. They all made time in their calendar to talk to me and make me feel included.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Mixed, I don't think there was too much organisation. A lot depended on what team you were placed in. The line managers didn't seem to know what their responsibility was with us.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I wish there was more training at the beginning like other internships get. But I know its very team dependent and there's a lot more learning on the grad scheme.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, lots of events were put on for the interns and good space to socialise.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
high as I was in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good, again being in London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, I was involved in a Softball tournament and invited on a tennis tournament.