1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed the internship. I felt like I received valuable audit experience as well as getting a really good feel for the office. Plus everyone in my office was lovely and I had a great time working with them.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really felt valued by everyone I worked with as they fully involved me in the work and gave me lots of support whenever I had questions. I was also invited to a client debrief meal which gave me a chance to socialise with colleagues after client work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support whenever I had questions about the work. Everyone was very helpful and my buddy and my career coach contacted me regularly to ask how everything was going and to make sure I didn't have any concerns.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had the great opportunity to work with a client at their year end and a client at interim. The year end client meant that I did put in some overtime but the team were all lovely and I really enjoyed the work which made it enjoyable.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given just the right amount of responsibility. For the first client I worked on, I was on a large team and had a lot of support and for the second client, it was a smaller team so I had to be more independent which meant I learnt a lot. The smaller team was still very supportive
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The experience has further developed my work ethic which will be very useful for the rest of my degree. I also want to come back to assurance at PwC on their graduate scheme and the skills I have learned will be very valuable for that.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone I met in the DC office was very lovely. They were also really social and there were little fun well-being activities every day on the year end client I got to work on. There was even a debrief meal when the client was finished where we got to be more social and get to know each other even more.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was very well organised. I got my timetable for the whole internship very close to the start and received emails from those in charge on the clients I was on before I started telling me everything I needed to know. The training induction was also very well organised and seemed to run seamlessly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a really good training residential at the start of the internship which taught a lot as well as allowing all of the interns to network and socialise and in the office and on client site everyone was willing to teach me anything I needed and answer any of my questions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been told that I am going to be offered a graduate job conditional to my results at university and I intend to come back after I have completed my degree, all being well. Great office, great people and I enjoyed the work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was only one other intern for assurance in the same office as me at the time due to it being a smaller office and we were booked to different jobs. However, those on the same clients as me were social and there was a debrief meal after one client which really allowed me to get to know the team I was working with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live in Nottinghamshire which isn't too far from the DC office. The prices have never seemed too bad as far as socialising goes.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didn't really go out to experience the nightlife during the internship but the Nottingham area has a good night life which isn't too far from the DC office.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I played a game of netball with the PwC netball team and attended a debrief meal with a team I worked on a client with. Both were very fun and allowed me to get involved in things other than work.