Helping the Finance Team with daily and month end tasks, as well as carrying out projects on your own.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have learnt a great deal over the year and come away with some new friends for life.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You are 100% the same as the full time staff, you are given a lot of responsibility and treated very well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had regular meetings to make sure that I was doing well and enjoying my work. they also provided extra help on subjects that i was weaker on, such as Excel training. This is a great thing to have for the future.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is a good balance of work, I was constantly busy, however this made time go quickly and gave me a lot of confidence for future jobs.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are treated exactly the same as the full time staff. I dealt with many important projects and had a lot of responsibility within my role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have not only learnt a great deal about Finance, but I have also learnt a lot about time management and general life skills that will be a great help for my final year and in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a great atmosphere, very friendly and professional.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I had a good deal of training, support as well as social events. Brilliantly organised!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had many extra training sessions such as helping with Excel, which is a brilliant skill to have.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
there are many opportunities to come back to golfbreaks, however it all depends on the availability of a job. many old placements have come back and are currently working for them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are usually about 20 placements each year, who all live in the local area. All of us became friends and went out regularly.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the area is quite expensive, similar to London prices, however that also means that you are close to London. therefore i would say the extra cost was definitely worth it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a number of clubs in Windsor, which are OK. the pub are very good though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are many sports teams and activity centres such as gym's in the area. There is also a company football and cricket team.