1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an excellent learning experience - I came out of the internship with a much better understanding of the equities business and markets in general.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Immensely - they treated me like a full-time employee and involved me in their day to day work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We had regular feedback sessions - the managers and senior staff were very open to having conversations and providing guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Both of my desks ensured that I had a good amount of work to do and that I was learning throughout my time on the desk.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility on both my rotations.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I plan to study statistics - the attention to detail, numerical analysis and critical thinking skills used on the desk will certainly help me in my education. Otherwise, the teamwork and communication skills will also come in useful during my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very positive, approachable and willing to help!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised with various networking and speaker events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I would say quite a lot - the people especially who were willing to take a lot of time out from their work to assist us in understanding a particular product or answering our questions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?