Intern at PwC

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

8.7/10

8.6

I enjoyed the autonomy that PwC gives you. You are responsible for your own time keeping and work, and not simply spoon fed the answers. I enjoyed working out the answers for myself and asking appropriate questions about the work. I also enjoyed working on client site and getting to go to London.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 16 roles at PwC

I felt very valued by the teams I worked. The whole stereotype that interns just simply collect coffee and complete meaningless tasks is 100% not true at PwC. You are given proper work to complete and real deadlines to have it finished by. Its this trust from your colleagues that makes you feel valuable.

Management/Supervisors give you great support in every aspect of the internship. From day one, you know who you need to contact for various problems. You will be given a Careers Coach and a Work Buddy, both are essential in supporting you through your six weeks with the firm, and are a massive help.

Depending on how quick you can complete tasks dictates how busy you will be. Realistically there are only certain tasks an intern can complete, and rarely that mean that I found myself with not much work to do as I had completed my workload and my incharge had nothing else for me to do.

You are given a huge amount of responsibility at PwC. They trust you to speak to clients in a professional and sceptical way. The also trust you to get on with your given tasks and complete them to PwC's very high standards. This does mean that you need to be organised and self motivated.

I have developed my communication skills greatly. I now feel much more comfortable about phoning up clients and emailing them. I also know more about how to work within a team and the importance of leadership in getting a project complete to a high level and on time for the client.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 16 roles at PwC

The atmosphere was very good in the office. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to have a chat. The banter is also very good, which is essential in helping you through the day. It helps that everyone are like minded individuals but also have their own interests outside of work.

The internship is very well organised. You always know where you are supposed to be, whom you are with, and what you are doing. It is like a well oiled machine and all the different parts of management and student recruitment work well together, to ensure your internship runs smoothly.

The firm invest a lot of time and money into making sure you get great personal training and development. This mainly includes the training you get in the first week, in which they bring in tutors to teach you all the basics about audit so that you have an idea what they do.

Future employment prospects are very appealing. A large percentage of interns get offered grad jobs at the end which is great for future prospects. There is also a clear layout of future development and a structure in place so you know what you could be doing in 5 years time.

The social scene is quality. The other interns are really nice and we all had a group chat from whiuch we organised lunches and social events. This included an intern football team and many Friday nights at various bars across the city. They were great ways of getting to know people.