Assist working on the help desk and getting involved in the projects
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Amazing company to work for! Staff were extremely friendly and always willing to help out.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was never seen as a student, was always treated like a member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers were always there to advise and would always set time aside for a catch up on how you are getting on and if there are any issues
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
From working in a department where the work load changes daily I never felt overwhelmed with the amount of work I was given
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was involved in many projects which gave me a lot of responsibility to make sure everything was completed before the deadline date
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have gained will allow me to confidently go back to uni and finish my degree. I will also be able to take these skills to a job when I graduate
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
everyone in the office was extremely friendly and always happy.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Was organised very well. I was always given work to do and always had my reviews to make sure I’m happy with what I’m doing which was important to me
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I wasn’t put though any external training although I don’t believe there was any available at the time that would have benefited me in my role. However I received internal training from my colleagues on how to do certain tasks and use certain pieces of software
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Extremely! I am currently in the process of applying for a job here for when I graduate
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
From this placement and meeting all the fellow students we were teethed all day at work and then we would be doing something most weekends as a group. we have all made friends for life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Where I lived was a small town so there wasn’t much to do but I lived close to the train station which made it easy to get into the city(30mins).
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
As it was a town it didn’t have much there so when we would go out we would all get the train to the city
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were some staff events and days out planned which allowed us to get out of the office