Tax intern TMT at Grant Thornton

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

Grant Thornton is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Working in the technology, telecommunications and media team within the tax department

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, everyone was so friendly and willing to help. Also got the opportunity to learn a lot and attend client meetings to get a feel of what working here would be like.

Everyone was so welcoming and friendly, people genuinely wanted to know how you are and what you've been up to.

Management were great at setting up goals at the beginning, providing feedback and tracking goals. Also were very encouraging in getting you involved in as much as possible.

Had an array of different work that gave me an insight into the different work that was undertaken at the company and I was never too busy that I was stressed or not busy enough that I was watching the clock.

With the limited knowledge that I had I was given a lot of challenging pieces of work but nothing too technical.

I have had a real insight into what life is like in the business world and how to interact with clients and colleagues. How to organise myself and my work, and how to act in a professional manner.

Everyone was so friendly, and having hot desks meant that you sat with different people within your team everyday so everyday was different.

Internship was set up well, structured and I feel like I was appreciated.

Everyone had all the time in the word for me and would answer any question I had. And when giving me a bit of work they were all happy to go through it and make sure I wasn't out of my depth

If you do well they offer you a grad job at the end

Socialising is encouraged and events are set up throughout the time here to make sure all the interns get a chance to socialise and I have definitely made some good new friends for life.

As always with London, it is very expensiev

London

London has everything going on as long as you have the drive to go out and find it