Working in the technology, telecommunications and media team within the tax department
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, everyone was so friendly and willing to help. Also got the opportunity to learn a lot and attend client meetings to get a feel of what working here would be like.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was so welcoming and friendly, people genuinely wanted to know how you are and what you've been up to.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management were great at setting up goals at the beginning, providing feedback and tracking goals. Also were very encouraging in getting you involved in as much as possible.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Had an array of different work that gave me an insight into the different work that was undertaken at the company and I was never too busy that I was stressed or not busy enough that I was watching the clock.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
With the limited knowledge that I had I was given a lot of challenging pieces of work but nothing too technical.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have had a real insight into what life is like in the business world and how to interact with clients and colleagues. How to organise myself and my work, and how to act in a professional manner.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was so friendly, and having hot desks meant that you sat with different people within your team everyday so everyday was different.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Internship was set up well, structured and I feel like I was appreciated.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Everyone had all the time in the word for me and would answer any question I had. And when giving me a bit of work they were all happy to go through it and make sure I wasn't out of my depth
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you do well they offer you a grad job at the end
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Socialising is encouraged and events are set up throughout the time here to make sure all the interns get a chance to socialise and I have definitely made some good new friends for life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As always with London, it is very expensiev
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
London has everything going on as long as you have the drive to go out and find it