1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship. I found the work varied and challenging, my team allowed me to get involved with a number of projects and were extremely supportive whenever I didn't completely understand the work I was asked to complete.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like the team welcomed me and were active in getting me involved in projects, which I massively appreciated.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had constant support from my people manager, who was always willing to advise and help me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a sufficient amount of work to do, and if there was ever a moment I had no work to do I was able to speak to the team around me and easily ask to help with whatever they were doing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was allowed to work independently, but all work I completed was reviewed before being sent to a client.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My skills were hugely developed within tax, prior to the internship I had little knowledge of the processes I would be helping out with day to day and now I feel confident I could assist throughout the process.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a welcoming and happy environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was always given a constant work stream, and jobs were fully explained to me before I was expected to complete them.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think the firm put on various training experiences and sessions in order to develop my skills, all of which I felt really helped my development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are promoted throughout the internship and there seems to e a natural progression from intern to graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, were all made an effort to keep in contact and meet up in work and outside of it.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive, it was London though so was expected.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I was placed in London, so it was great.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were end of month socials, but apart from that we organised activities within the group interns.