1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The last year has been great, it has completely exceeded all my expectation of what my Placement year. The people at Golfbreaks are great, I have learnt so much this year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As you are doing the exact same job as most of your colleagues you feel extremely valued by them, there is hardly any divide between the full timers and the placement students. I will miss them all!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My Manager has been great this year, I cannot thank him enough. Whenever I needed help with anything or if I ever needed advice he would always make time to help me with that.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have never had a day where I have had nothing to do, although as my job was sales it is all related to how much demand we had, on days where there were lots of enquiries, naturally we were more busy on these day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We are given the exact same job as the full timers, therefore we are given nearly the exact same responsibility. Which is great as a lot of my friends who have done other placements dint get the same responsibility as I have.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that the last year has been one of the most valuable years for me, as it has given me lots of different skills and enhanced my CV so when I next apply for a job I have lots to talk about.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office atmosphere is great, everyone is very friendly and even though we are working I do feel as though we are also having fun at the same time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was very well organised, as Golfbreaks has been taking placement student from when they began, they are very used to how to make the year run as smoothly as possible
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
At the start of placement we were given two weeks of training, I believe this was the right amount of time as I believe we were taught as much as we could learn without actually doing the job. We were also constantly reminded of our best practice throughout the year to ensure we developed.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Golfbreaks take back around 25% of their placement students each year, if you work hard and show your determination you will be asked back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, as a lot of the business are around a similar age the social scene amongst us all was great.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As you are in Windsor the cost of living and socialising is obviously a little bit more, but it is a great place to have the office as it is a great town. So I feel that make it worth paying the cost of living and socialising here.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are some good places to go out and have fun, although as there are a lot of the business who go out, it is always fun no matter where we go.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, golf breaks are always hosting a varied of different social activities.