Credit Risk Analyst at Lloyds Banking Group

Accountancy Economics

Lloyds Banking Group is a Top Employer

8.3/10

I was a credit risk analyst within the analytics & oversight team in the Risk Division.

It was a great year that enabled me to learn lots about the company and division. I was given a lot of responsibility from day 1 and had many opportunities to learn and develop, whether that be through networking or undertaking new tasks.

I fell that I was a key member of the team and as valued as any of the more senior members of the team.

We had weekly one-to-ones to catch up with my line manager, he was always very supportive of trying to learn new skills and network with people in all divisions of the bank.

On a daily basis I had some days that were very busy as I was in a reporting team, and also there were some days that were quite quiet, which was good as it enabled me to reach out and shadow others.

I was given a lot of responsibility as I was in charge of providing reporting materials and presentations that were used in very senior committees, I also had the chance to produce some tables that were used in the annual report.

I have improved my Excel skills significantly which will be very useful for university. I have also picked up many good working habits off senior members of the team.

The atmosphere was great, it was a very relaxed office and there were many other placement students on the floor.

It was quite well organised. There could have been better communication of graduate scheme referral processes.

I was able to use online learning sites such as Lynda that were really useful in developing my Excel skills. I also was given many opportunities to shadow people in all areas of the bank.

I have really enjoyed my time with the bank and would definitely want to stay on, hopefully I am successfully referred onto the graduate scheme.

Yes, we would often for drinks and socials like Karaoke on a Thursday night.

I lived from home, at the end of the day it is London so socialising is always going to be a bit more expensive.

There are hundreds of restaurants, bars and clubs in walking distance so the nightlife is great.

Yes, there were sports like football every week. There are often socials that everyone is invited to.