1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed working with the people in my team
Everyone was very friendly and keen to involve me in gaining first hand exposure
The Summer Scheme was very well organized
HR at Savills especially the graduate recruitment were very helpful
Could have had more work at times
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone gave me the time of day and were happy to listen to all my questions
They put their faith in me in viewings
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyone was very helpful in aiding me when I had any difficulties, and people were keen to give guidance. My supervisor was good on checking I had enough work
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I could have had more work at times. Sometimes I would be given 2 or 3 tasks but I was quite often left with not enough to do. Despite this, people were conscious about my workload and this is difficult to manage when doing your own job at the same time. Overall I could have had more work, but it wasn't a problem.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots. Given responsibility to do viewings on my own, send emails and have client and colleague interaction.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed lots of skills which will be useful in the future, as well as being trained in people skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Always great fun
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, but as I said could have had more work
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
No direct personal training as such, but plenty of indirect training from experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, I would like to work there
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes very good everyone is very social
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Oxford Circus is expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good pubs, didn't go out
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty, but not for me as I have only been here for 4 months.