1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone was very welcoming and approachable. The system was well structured and there was always something to do. I was given responsibility from the offset and everybody was very helpful.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was trusted with all of the work that was given me, and treated like equal from the beginning. Feedback was constructive and helpful, but also very honest. When I did well they told me, and when I needed to do more or revise the work that I was given they ensured that I did it.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a graduate mentor and a senior mentor that I was able to ask any queries to. Also, I had a strong management team both within my team - the directors, and the HR, who were equally good at helping me
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was constantly invited to meetings, inspections and internal discussions or conferences. I experienced both London offices and the management constantly checked to ensure I had appropriate levels of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
They respond very well to your attitude - if you are keen to get involved then they will give you as much responsibility as they can, but there are many technical aspects and bigger clients/portfolios that we obviously could not get involved with after one month.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills were invaluable, everyone was keen to help answer queries. I was involved in many diverse projects and have been given advice as to how to further my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very friendly and approachable, obviously it's a very fast paced environment. Everyone was great fun
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR do a mid placement review, and we have mentors and scheduled meetings for all interns to attend
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They ensured we set goals to fulfil and also helped advice us depending on our preference
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Has confirmed I want to work there
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, everyone was very keen to keep interns as involved as possible
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London - very expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are for those employed but during my moth I couldn't quite get involve din the sports events etc. that had already been arranged as the teams had already been made