Assistant surveyor to rural management and food and farming team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A nice environment to work in. Everyone was incredibly welcoming, friendly and accommodating.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They were consistently grateful and appreciative of any work I carried out for them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Generally, they encourage using your own initiative and improve your independent working skills even though its still as part of a team. This is not a bad thing. They are there to help when you need them
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was consistently provided with work to do and rarely had to ask for more. However, I was not overburdened or stressed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A reasonable and acceptable level. I was allowed to meet clients, join meetings, collate important evidence and investigations. I have been given greater levels of responsibility on other placements but it is understandable.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Well, I gained experience performing various new tasks that I haven't been involved with elsewhere. The scheme also encourages you to improve your communication and confidence with the set project and presentation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly, open, busy and hard working. Could be intimidating to some as it is quite a large office but I did not have this experience due to the friendliness of the staff.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Generally very well organised. Clearly extensive effort has been put into organising the programme. There were some failings with the departmental presentations due to technical issues.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A good amount. The graduate recruitment team kept in contact and the employees made efforts to include me in projects and visits
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
No, there was very little contact with the other student who was in a different department
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive, living costs wiped out wages.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?