Summer Student at Savills

Surveying

Savills is a Top Employer

6.3/10

3.8

Assistant surveyor to rural management and food and farming team.

A nice environment to work in. Everyone was incredibly welcoming, friendly and accommodating.

They were consistently grateful and appreciative of any work I carried out for them.

Generally, they encourage using your own initiative and improve your independent working skills even though its still as part of a team. This is not a bad thing. They are there to help when you need them

I was consistently provided with work to do and rarely had to ask for more. However, I was not overburdened or stressed.

A reasonable and acceptable level. I was allowed to meet clients, join meetings, collate important evidence and investigations. I have been given greater levels of responsibility on other placements but it is understandable.

Well, I gained experience performing various new tasks that I haven't been involved with elsewhere. The scheme also encourages you to improve your communication and confidence with the set project and presentation.

Friendly, open, busy and hard working. Could be intimidating to some as it is quite a large office but I did not have this experience due to the friendliness of the staff.

Generally very well organised. Clearly extensive effort has been put into organising the programme. There were some failings with the departmental presentations due to technical issues.

A good amount. The graduate recruitment team kept in contact and the employees made efforts to include me in projects and visits

Unknown.

No, there was very little contact with the other student who was in a different department

Expensive, living costs wiped out wages.

Unknown