Summer Scheme Placement at Savills

Savills is a Top Employer

7.1/10

4.8

4 week internship in the Planning Department

I really enjoyed my 4 weeks at Savills. I felt that it gave a comprehensive and valuable insight into life as a graduate at Savills. It helped me fully experience what private planning consultants do, whilst also allowing me to see what other Savills departments are about in an informal way.

I felt extremely valued. Everyone was very appreciative for any work I completed for them. Each person in the team took time to speak to me.

I felt extremely supported. I was given a seat next to a director who supported me throughout my project and was always happy to answer any questions I had. He spent a significant amount of each of his days explaining things to me. The point of contact outside my team was also helpful and would always be contactable.

I undertook a project which spanned the 4 weeks. Although I was given other work alongside this, having this running meant that I never had any moments with completely nothing to do. Business depended on the day and some days - some days included extra things such as site visits or meetings, whereas other days were spent at my desk.

The project I was assigned with involved adding and updating to previous appraisals. As a result, from the beginning I was trusted to complete this with accuracy and in a detailed manner. I was never given any type of responsibility that was out of my reach but felt the balance I was given was right.

Doing the scheme has helped me develop and generate new skills. I have learnt how to undertake a planning appraisal and project, which is something that is done regularly by planning consultants. My networking has also improved and pushed me to think about my future career even further.

Good friendly atmosphere, interaction between teams.

I felt it was very well organised. I was met promptly on the first day and the timetable of events worked well. My team had also thought about what they wanted me to do before I arrived, ensuring it was a smooth transition.

A number of departmental and general training talks. These were done in London and so often their were technical issues which meant they could not be heard.

• There were no perks with this Internship

Appealing. Has definitely made me want to apply for the graduate scheme.

The team had a number of lunches in my four weeks which I found were a good way to socialise away from the office. There could have been a few more social events in my opinion.

I would say that it is pretty average, not cheap or expensive.

I did not experience it during my placement but it is a city I go to University in so I would say good!

There were not any opportunities whilst I was there.