1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
my work placement was really fun as involved a variety of work as well as being involved in major projects. Moreover, I was able to visit sights and go to meetings which allowed me to have a sense of work life once graduating.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really enjoyed working with my colleagues as they allowed me to feel really welcomed from the first day of my placement. They have also invited me to other client events which I was able to experience as well as the opportunity to go to the End of year party where I was able to meet more than just the people in my department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given plenty of support from my mentors as when I would need to ask a question they were available to help me straight away. moreover, they were able to show me how the work is done rather than just pile the workload on which is beneficial as I was able to learn alongside doing work
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I wasn't exhausted with lots of work however, I did have enough work for the duration of my placement which I was able to work on throughout the whole time and come back to anything that I have done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good amount of responsibility as the team has put trust into me to complete the work given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I will definitely be using all the skills I have learnt in the future as they are all super beneficial to when I graduate.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the general atmosphere in the office was quite calm where everyone within the teams were able to go to one another's desk as well as we were also 'hot desk-ing' which meant that all members of the team had the chance to work at a different desk which was good as this allowed no one to be sat by themselves or feel left out.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the overall placement was well organised as there was direct communication between the graduate team as well as a list of things to do whilst on the placement which acted as a self reflection sheet
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there was certain aspect of investment such as, allowing me to use the software's which isn't accessible elsewhere
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a good system which allows you to keep in contact with the team and mentors where if there is any questions this can quickly be answered by them
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
By working from Oxford, there was only one other summer scheme student in the office which didn't allow much interaction as we were on different departments
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is quite expensive however staff car park really made a difference to the cost of travelling.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there was a chance to take part in Go Karting with the team which was a way to get out of the office and focus on something else such as socialising with the different types of developers