UK&I Commercial Print Marketing at HP Inc

Bracknell South East
Administration/Secretarial Advertising Marketing

7.3/10

7.3

Supporting the commercial print marketing team across ABM Work, Social Media, Events and Budgets.

I enjoyed it somewhat overall. I had an extensive amount of opportunities and networking events, I had a good team that supported my career and personal development, whilst being assigned a personal mentor.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at HP Inc

My job I felt carried a lot of responsibility, there was definitely no shadowing like I have heard in other placements.

I had 1 to 1 meetings regularly, I have reviews where I can discuss my progression and next steps and I felt I could always ask from someone with a great amount of experience.

My work came in peaks and troughs. Some days I would find that I had far too much to do and others I lacked some work. However, that could fall down to my time management skills.

A lot of responsibility for sure, I definitely wasn't shadowing. There were times during events where they gave me the job to run it, that was an interesting and challenging experience.

We have brain candy as personal tool to help with personal and professional growth. I will most certainly use these for university to finish my work earlier, receive feedback and act on that to ensure that I get higher grades.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at HP Inc

The atmosphere was like a typical american corporation, quite relaxed and reasonably chatty. However, I did feel as due to it being so results driven, there were some times where it felt a bit toxic and people lacked empathy.

It was well organised, however there is a lack of communication in regards to its graduation scheme as nothing seems to be set in stone.

I believe this should come down to your own proactive approach. If you are willing to go above and beyond and seek external courses to benefit you professionally, I know they would.

There is no clear communication in regards to its grad scheme so I would say it isn't too appealing. Also, with it being a large corporation, it is very difficult for progression.

We had 2 social secretary's so there was definitely a good social scene and opportunities to bond outside of work.

Still more expensive than i am used to further up north, however because of its proximity to London, I think it is very fair.

Not much else to say, it's great and especially with work colleagues.

Yes of course, that is up to the individual to make the most of it.