1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enterprise offer a fantastic internship opportunity, providing skills you will use back at uni and in you future career. The placement allows you to gain a broad insight into running a business with many aspects from management to financial statements to customer service.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Teamwork is key when working for enterprise. Teams are small in each branch meaning getting on really helps you get the most out of your placement year. Each member of the team is key to helping your branch grow and become successful.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support is very good within the company. As the company encourages a promote within culture, managers are keen to help you progress and learn new things in order to promote into management roles. This also means managers are interested in supporting you and will assist you if any help is needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Within the branch it can be very busy on a daily basis. Hours in branches CAN be very long. This is perhaps the hardest thing working for the Enterprise, although this can depend on the branch.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From the very beginning you are encouraged to make own decisions in the branch, without worrying about making mistakes. This allows you to think for yourself and solve problems on your own, without having to check every decision with managers creating an empowering workplace.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills that you will learn are as many as you would like to learn. From time management, fleet management, customer service, balance sheets, marketing and people management, the skills go on. These skills can be used through out your career as well as as final year for degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a good atmosphere in the office, being a small work group it is great to be able to get to know your colleges who you will spend a lot of time with. This makes it easier working in the office on a daily basis, creating a strong teamwork atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placements are very well set up, with meetings with HR to meeting branch and area managers. You are given plenty of opportunity to ask questions as well as spend a day in branch before starting to get a feel what what working with enterprise is like.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?