1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Currently in my 4th week, I am thoroughly enjoying my internship so far. I have learnt and developed upon my previous skills and knowledge and I am keen to continue learning.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel valuable, I have been assigned multiple tasks upon which need to be completed individually and collectively. I am also able to work on my own which suggest I am reliable and valuable to the department.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Initially I was given lots of support to get me started however a couple weeks in and I am working more independently but if I have a query questions are the best means of help from my colleagues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Busy! I enjoy being busy as the day goes by fast, however the company aims to not put too much work load on employees as it can induce additional stress.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been assigned 3 projects to complete while in my internship, in hope of which will increase the efficiency the production and reduce delays within my department
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Undertaking primarily a engineering based internship while studying a BSc Geography degree, I have developed a broad range of skill what has improved my overall knowledge and skill set also my network with a range of people within multiple industries.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
General atmosphere I friendly and welcoming
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised with a daily meetings taken in the morning to outline priority tasks of the day along side personal projects
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They have helped me on developing my skills within the Engineering sector, growing my knowledge
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Potential for being hired after graduating in my final year.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Graduate schemes have set up social society's in which activities are taken place outside of the work place to socialise and to generate money for charity.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live at home and commute to work
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes lots with opportunity with graduate scheme MAGNET