Manufacturing Summer Placement at Tata Steel

Port Talbot Wales
Engineering

8.7/10

Currently in my 4th week, I am thoroughly enjoying my internship so far. I have learnt and developed upon my previous skills and knowledge and I am keen to continue learning.

I feel valuable, I have been assigned multiple tasks upon which need to be completed individually and collectively. I am also able to work on my own which suggest I am reliable and valuable to the department.

Initially I was given lots of support to get me started however a couple weeks in and I am working more independently but if I have a query questions are the best means of help from my colleagues.

Busy! I enjoy being busy as the day goes by fast, however the company aims to not put too much work load on employees as it can induce additional stress.

I have been assigned 3 projects to complete while in my internship, in hope of which will increase the efficiency the production and reduce delays within my department

Undertaking primarily a engineering based internship while studying a BSc Geography degree, I have developed a broad range of skill what has improved my overall knowledge and skill set also my network with a range of people within multiple industries.

General atmosphere I friendly and welcoming

Well organised with a daily meetings taken in the morning to outline priority tasks of the day along side personal projects

They have helped me on developing my skills within the Engineering sector, growing my knowledge

Potential for being hired after graduating in my final year.

Graduate schemes have set up social society's in which activities are taken place outside of the work place to socialise and to generate money for charity.

I live at home and commute to work

N/a

Yes lots with opportunity with graduate scheme MAGNET