Marketing Associate at SAP

Marketing Sport/Sports Management

SAP is a Top Employer

8.2/10

Marketing Associate Placement - Feltham
SAP is looking for passionate, motivated and articulate second year students, currently on course for a 2:1 degree with a keen interest in working in a faced-paced, exciting environment. SAP guarantees world class experiences and development for all our like-minded interns, providing a highly competitive and dynamic setting, with exposure to the full employee lifecycle. With opportunities to be involved in ground-breaking projects across global teams, a placement year with SAP enables inquisitive, focused and creative interns to flourish.
As a Marketing Associate you will be working in a faced past and exciting team at the forefront of SAP’s branding. You will have a key role in supporting the execution of marketing campaigns including event management, social and digital content creation and delivery, support of global sponsorship, and design marketing elements. SAP has a wide range of stakeholders to support and execute, including more than 150 digital campaigns and over 150 events per year as part of our ongoing customer experience. You will gain an in depth understanding of a core audience as well as the core campaign execution requirements aligned to that audience. You will be exposed to driving marketing success in the B2B software market and have opportunity to collaborate with Global sales and marketing colleagues around campaign planning, execution and monitoring. Therefore, you will be a vital member of the team, gaining an excellent grounding in operating in a transformational marketing team.
There are Marketing Associate positions available both within SAP UK and Ireland, based in our Feltham office, and with SAP Fieldglass, based in our Blackfriars office. Please specify in your cover letter your position preference.
Role Requirements
• A passion for marketing
• Ability to manage various projects simultaneously alongside day to day tasks
• Ability to process information quickly and pay attention to detail
• Competent IT skills
• Understanding of the B2B marketing function
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative attributes
Our Intern Community consists of motivated team players with high energy levels, organisational skills and adept interpersonal qualities. A passion to succeed and a desire to learn are attributes that the unique SAP environment will both nurture and encourage.
Additional Benefits
• 25 days holiday, 5 study days and an additional day off for your birthday
• Free on-site lunch and subsidised Costa coffee
• Free on-site employee gym
• ‘Appreciate’ financial reward scheme
• Buddy mentoring scheme
• Sporting opportunities, e.g. football and netball clubs
• Volunteering and charity opportunities
• Laptop and other SAP equipment provided
#SAPUKInternCareers
About SAP
SAP is a world leader in business enterprise software; nearly 404,000 companies in every industry across the globe are using SAP software right now to improve their business process. By helping to manage their flow of information, SAP empowers people and organisations to work together more efficiently and use their business insight to become the best run organisations.

I enjoyed my placement year with my team. Even though there were lots of changes, I enjoyed with most people that I worked with.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at SAP

My colleagues were lovely. We sometimes had a private conversation during lunch. We also had a great time at work!

We had two weeks of training when we first joined. It was valuable especially when we had no idea of the company. Also, there are a lot of pieces of training for a whole year. I can say SAP is a company that definitely placement students can learn proper work experience.

I was busy when we prepare for the events. I had to organise and promote all the events starting from managing registrations and ordering merchandise. Overall, I was busy when there were planned events but wasn't too busy on a daily basis.

I had to take responsibility for reports, logistics and events. Events are quite important for us due to facing customers and brand awareness. Therefore, I was taking a role which requires a high expectation.

I developed business skills that students cannot learn from the university. My role was highly relevant, and I believe my work experience definitely will assist my degree studies and beyond my future career!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at SAP

It is very busy at the end of the quarter due to sales team closing deals and every Monday. However, many employees work from home, so the office is not really busy in rest of the days.

It is very organised. So many people get involved to manage all interns. Recruitment, HR and Education teams spend much time on managing interns.

They invested us to train ourselves building our personal brands such as how to run social media and networking.

SAP has trained so many interns past years and they tend to come back work for SAP after their university graduation. All interns are the potential human resources at SAP in the near future.

The most memorable social was the Christmas party. We booked a fancy restaurant with a bar for the whole employees and had a course menu.

There is nothing around the SAP office but SAP subsidiaries lunch for every employee, so it's not very expensive living and socialising in this area.

SAP is located in Feltham but since there is nothing much nightlife in Feltham, we usually go to Richmond to social.

Yes definitely. I had many chances to go to other offices in London. As I manage the events, I had several opportunities to go off-site.