1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
From day one I was thrown you into the deep end. For me this was a great experience, I love the pressure of a fast paced, high pressure environment. Given opportunities for development such as training, traveling & shadowing made my experience one to remember. Overall, I would recommend the placement here at SAP.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Feeling valued here is not hard, you are thrown into working with some of the best sales reps in the UK who easily sell you the simplistic task but you feel great about doing it. Building trust within the team is the initial barrier that needs to be broken, once undertaking the simple tasks you can then start undertaking more challenging tasks which add a gen Z value to the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Finding a mentor that wants to invest in your development is one I found difficult initially. Networking around your team and the wider business will not only learn the importance of networking, but find a mentor that suits you rather than being assigned one at the start of the year. Once done do, I not only had one mentor but two, who offered me guidance and suport throughout.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This is a high demanding job. Getting to the office for 8, leaving at 8 in peak trading times. however although you are busy, the work is enjoyable and rewarding. Once completing smaller tasks, time is yours to gain opportunities that would benefit you. Start of the year is quieter and end of yearis busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibiity grows through the placement. Building trust is only done over time and experience so my advice would be to complete the easiest of tasks with the same effort as the hardest. Throughout my I was given responsibility to manage customer events, customer presentations and also manage internal management events.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?