Press and PR intern at Toyota GB

Epsom Greater London
Public Relations

8.9/10

Assisting the Press team in internal organisation and external communications.

I really enjoyed my year at Toyota. The business was very welcoming and supportive throughout the year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Toyota GB

There was a real sense of responsibility with the role. It was reassuring knowing that what I was doing had a clear purpose and was valuable for not only the team, but for the wider business as a whole.

You have regular catch ups with your manager and scheduled reviews with regards to your development and progression.

My schedule varied from day to day depending on what was coming into the press office but there was always plenty to be getting on with.

Each student role is given a lot of responsibility. The work that I carried out throughout the year was depended upon by both the department and the journalists, playing an important part in external communications and departmental organisation.

Throughout the year students are offered numerous training sessions on a variety of topics which proved to be very useful during my year and no doubt will be once I get back to university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Toyota GB

The atmosphere is very welcoming and supportive. Everyone is very friendly and open to helping.

The year was very well organised and ensured we received the necessary training throughout.

We were offered numerous training opportunities, all of which were very valuable.

There is an appealing graduate scheme, however I felt it was more suitable for those with a background in business studies.

There was a good social scene within the student community, especially if you lived near by. You can get as involved as you like.

Living in the Epsom/Banstead area isn’t too bad if you have a house share. And the cost of nights out were fairly standard.

It was quite good with a big group, but head into London if you want more variety.

There is a sports and social club which holds multiple activities throughout the year.