1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement at Golfbreaks.com. The working environment is incredibly friendly and positive and everyone supports each other to achieve their targets.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues, I felt like I had a real impact on my team and I got recognition from management and my colleagues when I performed well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has given me a great level of support this year. They have always been happy to answer any and all questions that I have had and have supported and encouraged me to develop throughout the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been consistently busy throughout my year. As it is a travel company with travel seasons, some months are busier than others but I have always been given more than enough work to keep me engaged, with some points the workload being slightly too much.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given a large amount of responsibility as I have been treated exactly the same as any full time employee on my team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills that I have developed particularly in communication and organisation will be invaluable and transferable to my studies when I return to University and for my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is always buzzing with it being a contact centre, there is rarely a dull moment
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised with a helpful and engaging 2 week training period and then subsequent support and training throughout.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company put time and effort into improving my skills and making me as capable in my role as I could be for the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The employment prospects are good if I was to return, however due to the size of the company the progression once in a full time role is somewhat limited.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes it is a very sociable company with a large proportion of the company enjoying socialising together outside of work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is located in Windsor which is an expensive area to live and work.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There a good number of pubs but the nightlife for clubs is not great and it is expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is opportunity to join a football team but not too much else.