1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my year, you are presented with a really great friendly atmosphere.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You become a great asset to the company, and everyone in the company appreciates the things you do.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support and guidance when working at Enterprise, as i developed more and more, the more support i was given as to what my next steps would be
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always on your feet, working at the airport. The branch was never constantly busy, it always depended on the season. Summer/Winter holidays were always busiest.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given a lot of responsibility during your placement at Enterprise rent-a-car. As you become more confident with the business, the more responsibility you are able to take on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
At Enterprise, the skills you learn are invaluable for your degree studies and overall later on in life. Skills such as time management, problem solving, and organisation are just a few to mention.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was always friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Was always given something to do, each day in the branch is different which is what i enjoyed the most
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
At Enterprise, they invest so much time into personal training and development, your first week on the job, you attend a new hire week where you learn all the basics of the job and after that, regular training sessions take place as the year goes on and you develop further
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As i was able to get promoted during my placement year, my future employment prospects within the organisation look quite appealing, however i am yet to decide which area of the company i would like to work for as i rejoin after university
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone in your branch is of a similar age to you, so the social scene is really good amongst colleagues, with regular area nights out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too bad, i lived in London during my placement, so not everything was as cheap as it could be
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I lived in London, so the nightlife was really good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
You are quite busy working at Enterprise so i did not have a lot of free time to get involved in many activities outside of work.