1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone was really friendly and made sure that I felt part of the team very early. They tried to make sure I wasn't too overwhelmed with work and helped track my progress with occasional meetings and training sessions. It was really enjoyable
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt that I was making proper contributions to the work the company does and that it was being recognised by everyone I was working for. so couldn't fault that at all
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There were always more senior people than me that would check that my work was up to standard and I would occasionally meet with the deputy team leader to talk about my progress.
Maybe more formal meetings about progressing might have been useful. but it was already a very short period of time.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It did vary by virtue of the type of work the company does, from the start of the new quarter to the number of interns that were in at any one time.
But yes I always managed to find something to do. and the projects helped with that as any free time could be taken up by that
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a great amount of responsibility as I was able to get along with all my own work. but it was never too daunting as I knew once I sent it off it would be checked by more senior people
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Will probably not assist me in my degree studies as they unrelated. but perhaps waking up early and having a decent routine will be useful.
I think it will help me a lot going forward professionally however as I've decided this is definitely what I want to do and the connections I've made/ experience I now have is invaluable
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly. focused but relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very good in general. a few of the task deadlines got moved which was fine and was nobody in particulars fault.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They allowed me to do a lot of work that wasn't chargeable such as the projects to help aid my personal development and give me a taste of all the work the company does. as well as send me to London twice to get a feel of everything the firm does. it was great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I don't know too much about hiring after the internship but I've been told its reasonable
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Almost all the interns were in a close knit group which was nice, and all the colleagues were keen to involve us in conversations/ social events
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
quite a lot, the location is a reasonably expensive place to live. the socialising was also quite expensive. but a lot of employees were very nice and offered to pay for drinks
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Never properly went out but bars are fun
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?