Area Manager at Aldi

Business Analytics Business Management

Aldi is a Top Employer

8.3/10

7.7

A mixture of different roles through out the year.
Area Manager
Assistant Store Manager
Project Area Manager in different departments in head office.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Aldi. Although there are days that are not the most enjoyable due to the high pressured environment, the overall experience is great.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Aldi

You are well aware of where you stand with your colleagues due to the open nature of the working environment. Through constant feedback you are able to understand the appreciation that you get from your colleagues.

My mentor throughout the year could not have been more supportive, both on a personal and a professional level.

The hardest time of the placement is when you spend tim ein store. By building good relations with your management team you are able to get the support you need.

Although i have graded this question near to too busy, this is not a bad thing. I believe that the exposure to such a busy and fast paced environment allows you to develop fast and learn things quicker.

There were never enough hours in the day but it made the experience a lot more enjoyable.

I was never expecting to have as much responsibility as i got. Aldi puts a lot of trust in you by giving you so much responsibility.

For example, there have been days in store where the store manager has been off for a week and i have been the senior manager in the store for that week. This means that i have been responsible for a store that turns over hundreds of thousands of pounds each week and been responsible for over 30 staff.

I think the maturity that Aldi has taught me will be useful when going back to university in terms of my prioritisation of time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Aldi

Everyone in the office were friendly and welcoming.

It is a very structured placement that gives you insight in to all aspects of the business.

Although the Aldi placement scheme is one of the highest paid placements, i think the main investment from them comes from the time that they spend on you across the company.

For example, i must have spent over 100 hours of my placement learning from and talking to different Area Managers that invest their time in to helping me.

The promotion paths that occur throughout aldi are extremely appealing. I am confident that i will be accepted back on to the graduate scheme if i choose to reapply as well.

I have formed good relationships with the other placement students and store teams.

I was lucky enough to live from home.

I did not experience it.

Lots of team charity events such as football tournaments and tough mudders across the region which i was happy to get involved in.