Daily ordeirng of indirect materials to support the production of MINI's at Plant Oxford.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I worked in the logisitcs department, specifially as a material planner. The team I worked with were really welcoming and were there if I had any issues. There were times when I wasn't as busy as I wanted to be but when I asked my line manager for projects, he was happy to get me invovled in some.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team I worked with were very welcoming and happy to anser any questions. I felt valued for the work I did especially for sorting out certain issues, they also trusted me a lot which I appreciated.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
A lot of support was given by my line manager and direct manager, they helped a lot when I had issues I wasn't sure how to approach. They were also very accomodating and helped me with my university work I had to do whilst on my placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were busier than others but if I wasn't that busy, my manager was happy to give me projects to get involved with and didnt shut me down when i voiced to him that I needed more to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A fair amount of responsoibility, I was partly responsible for one project howevere due to changing circumstances the project didnt end up being carried out. I was also left in charge of other daily tasks when some people were on holiday.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I wasnt given any specific training as such that was an extra aside form the day to day job. I was able ot develop some skills with the responsibility I was given which I welcomed.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My office had a great atmosphere but I know not all offices at the company are the same as mine.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Not very organised at the beginning, however they have run a project this year to improve it for the next year of interns and they listened to our complaints. Especially making sure all the interns were given the same opportunities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not a lot but nothing specific was needed to carry out the day to day job.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Nothing yet but I was ale to sit down with my manager and discuss future opportunities
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there was, the department orgainsed regular social events and there was weekly social events for just the interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not really, the local area was very expensive and sometimes it felt like the salary didn't take this into mind especially as we had been at university before so had no savings.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It is good, there are a number of clubs and bars
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes lots of sports clubs locally that cover a range of different activities.