Industrial Placement Student at Aldi

5.7/10

5.6

3.2

Industrial Placement Student on ALDI's General Management Scheme

I have really enjoyed the year that I have spent with ALDI on their Industrial Placement Scheme. It has been challenging and tough at times, but on the whole it has been rewarding and enjoyable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Aldi

I have felt very valued by my colleagues this year. A lot of the year is spent in stores/training, but you still have opportunities make an impact and add valuable contribution.

There were definitely times when there could have been more support/guidance given. I found that during my store time there was a lot of support and guidance from my mentor, but the time I spent in Head Office went relatively unsupervised and there was a distinct lack of communication.

This really varies. During store time I was extremely busy and I could work up to 60 hour weeks. Things in Head Office are a little bit more relaxed, you are given a project to work on so it really depends what you want to do with your time and how much you want to achieve.

You're given a lot of responsibility on the ALDI placement scheme. In store you can end up being one of the only managers on shift, and in Head Office you take responsibility for your own project and the results you deliver.

You learn a lot from the ALDI Industrial Placement scheme, and all of the skills are transferable. The training can be tough, sometimes you are thrown in at the deep end, but your own personal development is incomparable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Aldi

The general atmosphere was good, however myself and another IP spent a lot of time by ourselves in a separate office which meant that we didn't really get to know the other office staff too well.

The placement scheme is relatively well organised but there is definitely room for improvement. There were quite a few times when we had no idea what was going on and we were often given deadlines with only a couple of days turnaround.

Training and development during store time is really good - you learn a lot and there's so much to take out of it at the end. There is little/no training in Head Office, so it's really what you make out of it.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

Very appealing - I am hopeful to come back and to continue my career with ALDI. It gives you a lot of scope for development and progression.

Whilst I got on well with the other placement students and we did occasionally organise meals out, the company didn't really arrange anything for us specifically.

Cost of living and socialising was relatively low. You earn a good wage, so it's very manageable.

No nightlife really in Swindon, and we wouldn't have time to enjoy it much anyway!

Hardly any opportunities going and I didn't really find that I had much free time. I missed out on a lot of events, like friends' 21st birthdays.