1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my summer scheme experience at Savills in June. Through the experience i felt i made good relationships with not only my fellow interns but also all the people who I worked under. I gained a vast amount of real workplace experience that is unavailable to me at university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt I got on very well with my team, who made me feel welcome and showed constant encouragement during my tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The team provided me with the opportunty to speak to other departments to broader my knowledge of he industry which benefited me greatly. Thr senior members in my team were always available to provide me with tips and lessons.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The team always made sure I had plenty to do, in addition to this I never felt the tasks lacked importance or significance in the work they were doing which helped my confidence whenever i finished my work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt I got a good amount of responsibility during my time at Savills. My tasks got progressively more important during my time at the company, which acted as an important learning curve for me.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The lessons I learnt at Savills will be vital to my final year of my degree as I will now be able to apply real world experiences to my university work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere at Savills was very fun and friendly whilst also remaining professional. I felt the office had the perfect balance to boost the effort of the staff
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The HR did an excellent job, I felt the scheme was well structured with many pre planned events and ease of contact with the team who were always friendly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes the grad social scene looks very good.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I got involved in the Savills summer party and its 5k fun run.