1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loved my placement at Nissan GB (Sales and Marketing). Not only did I get tones of responsibility, but they cared deeply about my development! I was also given amazing opportunities to improve myself and my skill set!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated like a full-time employee which was reflected in the workload and responsibility I was given - it was great!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had the most amazing manager ever!! She cared so much about my development and making me the best I could be, I felt very lucky and supported throughout the whole year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always busy, the placement wasn't about making tea for the team but really getting stuck in to real work and projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a HUGE amount of responsibility, being given tasks way above my pay grade in regards to the level of responsibility!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed an immense amount during my year, not only from a work perspective but also from a personal perspective in regards to confidence and overall maturity! I never thought I would have been able to do half the things I ended up doing it was amazing!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office, and especially in my team was always upbeat and fun!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement was well organized with only minor problems!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in me so much - from booking me on training courses to ensuring I experienced (or was allowed to experience) any aspect of the company I wanted!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing - in fact I will be returning on the Nissan grad scheme in one year!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, it was great because there was only 10 of us we were a small group, which allowed me to get really close to everyone
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was ok, but obviously in the South everything is a lot more expensive. However, Nissan pay very well so it wasn't a huge problem in my year.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
You have to travel into London really as Rickmansworth is a small and quiet town.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, in fact I re-started the sports and social club during my year, so it was great!