Placement Student at Lidl

Business Management Recruitment

Lidl is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Placement Student

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at Lidl, having such a varied year spending time in a variety of departments such as stores, logistics, supply chain and property has really helped enhance my knowledge for by Business and Management degree and future career.

I have felt extremely valued during the entire placement, everyone at Lidl is extremely helpful with the ultimate goal of developing my career and knowledge as much as possible.

I have been given a huge amount of support throughout my placement. Lidl provide placement students with a training consultant which is great as I can visit them anytime to discuss my progress or any problems I may have. At the end of my time in each department I have also had a progress review where my achievements and improvements have been discussed.

I was busy most of the time compared to other placements, I have been given tasks to learn a specific role in each department and I have been on training courses to enhance my knowledge.

I do feel I could have been given a little more responsibility in some departments, however due to only spending 5-6 weeks in some departments I understand why this has been. On the other hand in departments such as stores I was trained to the level of a deputy manager.

Having not known what I want to do in the future, Lidl's varied placement programme has helped me to develop my knowledge and helped to shape my career. I also feel more confident and ready for final year of university and to embark on my future career, whether that be returning to Lidl or another company.

The atmosphere at Lidl is extremely positive, everyone is extremely welcoming and keen to develop my knowledge.

The placement has been set up extremely well, I spent a set number of weeks in departments including stores, logistics, property and supply chain. Within each department I was welcomed on my first day and given a training plan. At the end of my time in each department I received a progress review to highlight my strengths and areas for improvement which is great for personal development.

Lidl invested very highly in my training, I received a training plan in every department, spent 2 fully expensed weeks in the Head Office in Wimbledon and attended many training workshops to enhance my knowledge even further.

Future prospects are appealing and this has been discussed, although we are told we have to reapply for a direct role or the Graduate scheme.

All placement students meet 4 times during the year, the first 2 days, after Christmas, at Head Office and at the final event. It is a great experience to meet all the other placement students from around the country and during these meet ups all expenses including hotel bookings are paid for by Lidl.

I stayed at home during my placement so this is N/A to myself.

I stayed at home during my placement so this is N/A to myself.

Not many opportunities for outside of work apart from the Christmas party