Worked in 2 departments within Nissan's QA Engineering section.
-Investigate customer claims that have been deemed manufacturing or supplier fault
-Customer centric view of manufacturing
-Look at the overall quality of each ‘powertrain’ shop.
-Unit Shop / Axle Shop main focus
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Supper friendly, every was lovely and easy to talk to. If I every needed advice or help someone would always help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organized, carrying out the induction week as large groups of placement engineers allowed us to make great social connections.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I personally didn't get that many opportunities to attend training courses due to my availability but there was loads of opportunities and training courses available to the placements.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you do an outstanding job on your placement and there is space in your department a "letter of intent" can be given out. If a letter of intent not receive still able to apply for graduate opportunities with positive outcomes likely.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great social scenes. Graduates/ younger employees in my department organized multiple social events. Multiple section social events also took place and Nissan hosts a variety of different social engagements.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My placement took place in the North East which is known for being well priced and affordable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Newcastle, Sunderland and Durham are all in the local area with good nightlife. Newcastle is an amazing night out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many opportunities to get involved in activities outside out work. Cross departmental sporting events hit the wider audiences, however section sporting events and club were a great opportunity to meet new people.